That has to be the most asked question I receive.
My response is always, “It depends. What would you like the website to do for you?” My intent is not meant to be evasive, by answering a question with a question. But I take my estimates very seriously and I like to give accurate estimates, to the best of my ability. There are so many factors that impact the price of a website. For example:
- What is the purpose of this new website?
- Do you have an existing website?
- What do you like about that website? What do you dislike?
- An existing website may have some information that can be reworked, which is easier sometimes then starting from scratch.
- Do you have a logo, any branding materials already chosen?
- What features do you need?
- Will you be selling anything online?
- Would you like to build an email list?
- Will you have upcoming events?
- Do you have the urge to blog?
I frequently like to compare the cost of a website to buying a new car. Would you walk into a dealership and ask “How much does a car cost?” They would probably respond, “Which car do you like?” or “What type of car do you need?” or they might give you a range but I’m sure they would ask you a series of questions about your lifestyle, the size of your family and the functionality you need from that new car.
The price of an informational style website that is only a few pages will be less expensive than an e-commerce website for 50 different homemade craft items. The lowest price website I’ve built recently cost $450 and the highest one cost several thousand dollars. I don’t like to make a guess about the cost of new website until I know more information about what you need to accomplish.
I am always willing to discuss someone’s website needs, feel free to email me to schedule a free consultation, so we can discuss the features you need and I can provide an accurate estimate.
#howcanihelpyou #websitedesigners #wecanhelp #wordpress #pathwaywebdesigns