Irene@PathwayWebDesigns.com
Pathway in a Forest

How Much Does a New Website Cost?

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 2:20 PM   By: Irene Alcoforado

That has to be the most asked question I receive.

My response is always, "It depends. What would you like the website to do for you?" My intent is not meant to be evasive, by answering a question with a question. But I take my estimates very seriously and I like to give accurate estimates, to the best of my ability. There are so many factors that impact the price of a website. For example:

What is the purpose of this new website?
Do you have an existing website?
What do you like about that website? What do you dislike?
An existing website may have some information that can be reworked, which is easier sometimes than starting from scratch.
Do you have a logo, any branding materials already chosen?
What features do you need?
Will you be selling anything online?
Would you like to build an email list?
Will you have upcoming events?
Do you have the urge to blog?

I frequently like to compare the cost of a website to buying a new car. Would you walk into a dealership and ask "How much does a car cost?" They would probably respond, "Which car do you like?" or "What type of car do you need?" or they might give you a range but I'm sure they would ask you a series of questions about your lifestyle, the size of your family and the functionality you need from that new car.

The price of an informational style website that is only a few pages will be less expensive than an e-commerce website for 50 different homemade craft items. The lowest price website I've built recently cost $450 and the highest one cost several thousand dollars. I don't like to make a guess about the cost of new website until I know more information about what you need to accomplish.

I am always willing to discuss someone's website needs, feel free to email me to schedule a free consultation, so we can discuss the features you need and I can provide an accurate estimate.

#howcanihelpyou #websitedesigners #wecanhelp #wordpress #pathwaywebdesigns

Return to PWD Blog

Forest Photo Copyright: jeancliclac / 123RF Stock Photo

© 2020 Pathway Web Designs